Post 8: A subject you enjoyed studying




The course that I have liked the most in my career is Plant Production and Breeding, specifically the propagation module because it is interesting to learn about ecophysiology and the way in which different stimuli and environmental conditions condition the success of propagation. Applying that to native species with conservation status is a path I would like to follow.  

As I mentioned in the paragraph, I like it because for me it is important the propagation of native species, since doing it successfully will allow the recovery of degraded ecosystems and to a great extent, reduce the effects of the impacts we generate in the environment, an example of this is climate change. 

I have learned to understand the functioning of plants, the way in which they react to changes in the environment in which they develop, I have also learned the importance of knowing the origins of the genetic material, a fundamental aspect to apply treatments to plants, such as fertilization schemes or irrigation regimes. 

I have always found it an interesting area to study, although I am not so passionate about genetics, the propagation module managed to attract my attention. 


Comentarios

Entradas populares